Friday, March 07, 2014

Quote of the Day

.
"After the show we go backstage where I meet Brad and Angelina. Brad Pitt smells amazing, like nothing I've ever smelled. Eventually we ask what cologne he's wearing and he tells us, "I don't wear cologne, it's just my musk I guess." I have to choose not to believe him because it would just be unfair to mankind. Angelina is gorgeous and elegant and they are like The Sun and The Moon."

If you haven't read this already you really need to go read this piece by Jennifer Lawrence's friend and Oscar date Laura Simpson, where she describes what the experience of going to the Oscars would be like for a nobody like most of us. Well a nobody who's friends with Jennifer Lawrence and therefore gets to go to all the parties and hang out backstage with all the stars and get Glenn Close's "Oscar secret" told to them. That's not much of a nobody,  really. Anyway it's a really fun piece with lots of amusing star-fucking moments - who wouldn't follow Bill Murray around a party if given the chance? - and I love the note she ends it on, about actresses in general. Very fine. Shocking nobody, Jennifer Lawrence hangs with good people. And didja hear it was Jared Leto that JLaw was yelling at when she walked out on stage during the show for laughing? (Well Jared and/or his family members.) As if I needed her to burrow deeper into my heart! We are forever, Jennifer.
.

No comments: